Ad Code

Clevelan No "D" by Natalie Harris








Well, game time in Los Angeles, California was a pretty hard one to watch... for the most part. The defense did not show up like they should have, and I'm not blaming Jim Schwartz by far. The guys just didn't look like they wanted to play the game of football today. I understand Myles is playing hurt, and we are missing Ward and Teller, but guys! You got to step up and fill those big boy shoes because today was not it at all! 

Joe Flacco made his debut appearance with the Browns today, and I have to say he did exactly what I expected to do, however, I did think the Browns would pull that win off. The safety at the end made me want to break my television in half, but my renter's insurance wouldn't understand my pain and I need my TV now! I mean, how would I watch my Browns?? 

Now listen. Flacco was 23/44, threw for 254 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 1 interception for today's game. That's not bad at all considering the fact that Joe had his feet up in the recliner chilling for a year or so. He came out with guns a blazing and it looked like he was excited to be back in action as the role he knows. He looked comfortable and his throws were on target most of the time. Now granted, there were a few passes that weren't so shabby, but I'm blaming the receivers at this point for any dropped passes, due to the good/bad pass ratio here. Elijah Moore dropped 2 passes, Njoku dropped 2 as well, which weren't the keenest throws in the world, but were definitely catchable. They are going to need to watch those tapes, evaluate, do homework, and get to work!!

Secondly, what was up with that offensive pass interference call on Njoku in the end-zone?? The weakest call I've ever seen. The contact was clearly made before Njoku touched the receiver. It's all good though, we will come back with a vengeance next week. Trust me.

Now, let's spend one moment on play calling. Or should we? Needless to say, I can't say I'm happy with the Kevin Stefanski's play calling this week because I see no difference from last week!! Still doing shot gun plays when we should be running the ball, which a blind man could see that. Still making unwise decisions on the next call that should be made. And still not understanding that it's nothing wrong with hiring an OC! Hello! Kevin! Can you hear me now?? I say fans start a petition for an offensive coordinator asap, like yesterday. 

To Joe Flacco, you did a great job, just get some better chemistry with you receivers and we all in. The offensive line needs to protect that man much better that the not so good work that was performed tonight. There were many missed tackles, and the Rams defense was reading all of our run plays. Just not a good combination.

So, I will end saying, I'm not mad that they lost. Flacco put on a hell of a show for his first time as a Cleveland Browns starting QB and being the second oldest player in the NFL. I have to say that Joe still has that arm and knowledge of the field. I can deal with that interception, nobody's perfect. I'm not even mad at Hopkins for missing that field goal either, he's been amazing to the organization we all know this. Don't count the Browns out yet guys. This is Flacco's first game with Cleveland, and his rhythm will be there by next Sunday. 

It takes time to breathe.

You can't rush greatness.

Go Browns.








 

Post a Comment

0 Comments